1151 Pittsford-Victor Road
Pittsford, NY 14534
Office: (585) 200-5038
Fax: (585) 248-9532
215 Wyoming Street
Syracuse, NY 13204
Office: (315) 488-0377
Fax: (315) 487-5947
Building Enclosure Designer - Rochester
Bell & Spina, Architects is a mid-sized architectural firm with a regionally recognized, award-winning expertise in building enclosures. From our offices in Syracuse and Rochester, we provide higher education, government, health care and private clients with high quality, long-term solutions for their existing structures. We utilize non-destructive and destructive investigation, data loggers to collect real-time existing building performance data and employ analytical building environment simulation software to design and detail Building Enclosure solutions. Our firm also provides Building Enclosure Commissioning services for clients building new structures. Our Rochester office is currently seeking candidates for the position of Building Enclosure Designer.
- · 3 to 5 years of experience in an Architectural, Engineering or Construction office
- · Associates or Bachelors degree in architecture, structural engineering or a related field
- · Proven skills in drafting, design and understanding construction documents
- · Experience with AutoCAD required, Revit experience is desirable
- · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- · Strong desire to solve problems
- · Experience in design of roof replacement, façade restoration or enclosure systems is desirable
- · Responsible for the day to day production of contract documents and assisting Project Managers through Construction Administration
- · Assisting with field evaluations and investigations of existing buildings to design and detail solutions
- · Assist Project Managers with the preparation of reports, plans, specifications, calculations and research, submittal review, meeting minutes and construction site visit reports
- · Be able to work outdoors to field verify or document of existing conditions, which could include climbing ladders and scaffolds or riding in mechanical lifts
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes an employer paid medical plan; 401(k) matching program; vacation, sick and holiday time; a flexible work schedule and a commitment to providing continuing education and mentoring for all employees over the course of their careers.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume and work samples addressed to Catherine Savage, SPHR, Office Manager, Bell & Spina, Architects-Planners, P.C. firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Bell & Spina is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.