Built in 1917, Colgate Memorial Chapel is the center piece of the academic quad on campus, used for University interfaith church services, convocations, concerts and lectures.
Colgate University retained Bell & Spina Architects to replace all the original wood double hung windows. The original single glazed divided lite wood sash windows were drafty in the winter and hot in the summer and most did not fully open or close.
The new windows have significantly improved comfort level of the sanctuary space and improved the natural ventilation in the building all while remaining faithful to the architecture of the original building.
"Bell & Spina's impeccable credentials as exterior envelope specialists, steadfast attention to detail and unparalleled concern for a quality project, set them apart from other architectural firms."
— Jan June, Director of Facilities at Finger Lakes Community College